Tuesday, August 11, 2009

We sing songs, we hurt people. x

Candle in the wind
3/2/09
_______________________

Pretty little girl
Sitting on the wall
Oh, how things have changed
The people around you
have told you what to do.
So now, you can't behave.
Your hands are in a clasp
Silent sitting on your lap
Like all your hopes and fears
That smile is long gone
A stain from what was once.
A dream of golden years.
But somebody has told me
That things will always bechanging for the better
You're standing on the hillwith tears,
yes come they will
& pour out fast and wetter.
You and I,
like candles in the wind.

Pretty little gir
lIn the picture frame
I prayed for you last night.
So obstacles would fall
And ghosts in all the walls
would all just flee away.
They told me what to do
Said, child, if i were you
I'd stay away..till i reached the grave.
But this is something more
then glass upon the floor
Its more than i could say.
But somebody has told me
That things will always be
changing for the better
You're standing on the hill
with tears, yes come they will
& pour out fast and wetter.
You and I,Blown out,
Like candles in the wind.

______________________

No comments: